The Attentions When First Wort Lautering during you brew beer
The Attentions When First Wort Lautering
The first wort filtration operation points are as follows:
1. From the bottom of the lauter tank into the hot water, so that the filter plate and the bottom of the tank filled with hot water (water temperature 76-78 ℃),the water just did not filter plate,to exclude the air in the bottom space.
2. The mash is pumped into the lauter tank, properly start the rake evenly.
3. Standing 15~20min, so that the spent grain settling to the filter plate, forming a filter layer.
4. Lautering start, alternately open and close the wort valve or central filter, drain turbid wort and pump it back into the filter tank to filter again until the wort is clear and the cycle time will take 5-10 minutes.
5. Turn on the filter cock, control the wort outflow rate, officially began to filter.
6. After filtering for a period of time (about half the total filtration time of the first wort), the filter layer is pressed tightly to increase the resistance and the outflow rate is obviously decreased.At this time, the filter cock should be closed and the drip tray slowly loosened.
7. Start the filtration again and pump the turbid wort that started to be filtered back to the filter tank until the wort is clear. Filtration has been carried out to stop just exposed when the wheat straw, the first wort is filtered.
Thanks for your reading!
Edited by Daisy
TIANTAI, YOUR HONEST BREWERY BUILDER
where to buy brewing equipment /
where to buy home brewing kits /
where to buy home brew kits /